Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Goodbye car, hello apples

I ordered 33 trees tonight. Behind our house is a nice 3 car parking pad which will be the new home for my transitory trees. I decided to put the cart before the horse and buy the trees so I wont miss out on a year of growth.

Here are the varietals I purchased. My intention is to work on single varietal ciders but I wanted to get a large diversification of trees to see which ones do well in this climate and the micro climate of the future orchard. 20 Tree varieties but I ordered 2 of some of them for a total of 33.

From Fedco Trees:
Bramtot 
Redfield 
Sweet Red 
Winekist 
Burgundy 
Frostbite 
Opalescent 
Hansens Red Flesh Crab
From Century Farm:
Ashmead's Kernal
Golden Russet
Arkansas Black
Black Twig
Esopus Spitzenburg
Father Abrahams
Grimes Golden
Newtown
Roxbury Russet
VA Winesap
Red Siberian
From Cummins:
Wickson Crab

No comments:

Post a Comment